OSHKI-WENJACK in partnership with Agoke Development Corporation and Rocky Shore Development Corportation is offering an Anishnawbe Forestry and Sawmill Training Program followed by a work placement. This program is designed to position community members for local employment at community saw mills and/or transition to further education and training opportunities for jobs in the forestry industry.
Nakina, Ontario and Longlac, Ontario and within participating First Nations
- For members from the following communities: Aroland, Long Lake #58, Marten Falls, Eabametoong, Ginoogaming
- Grade 10: must be age 18 or over, unemployed or underemployed, out of school.
- Note: Travel, accommodations, weekly allowance and dependent care allowance can be provided for participants who qualify.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada
- Forest Worker Orientation
- Essential Skills and Work Readiness
- Havesting Equipment Operator
- First Aid/CPR/WHMIS
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship (Level 1)
- Industrial Millwright Apprenticeship (Level 1)
- Saw Filer (Level 1)
For More Information
Airport Management Coordinator
Toll Free: 1-866-636-7454