Reporting to the Project Manager, the Program Coordinator shall coordinate the Airport Management Training program. The AMT Coordinator will have primary responsibility for the delivery of the Airport Management Training Program. Coordinator consults with the project manager on all aspects of program operations, including student services, program development and delivery.
· Develop course schedules and ensure effective coordination and implementation of all program timetables and revise as necessary.
· Supervise Mobile Trades Laboratory and training site at the Pickle Lake Airbase during each Airport Management Training program delivery.
· Arrange training for faculty members in collaboration with the IT Maintenance & Support Officer for the use of e-learning platforms at OSHKI-WENJACK or with other partners such as Contact North.
· Convene regular Program Advisory Committee meetings to provide updates and consult with members to ensure program objectives and delivery methods are responding to the learning requirements of students.
· Convene Project Team meetings to provide updates and ensure program objectives and delivery methods are responding to the learning requirements of students.
· Identify and arrange for professional development opportunities for self and faculty.
· Provide back-up assistance for the coordination, implementation, recruitment, and admissions for all program offerings at OSHKI-WENJACK when required.
· Develop and deliver course or workshops that enhance programme effectiveness and student learning.
· Coordinate work placements, facilitate problem solving and liaise between placement and students regarding and students regarding supervisory needs.
· Travel to Nishnawbe Aski Nation communities for purposes of program promotion, student recruitment, and consultation with local airport operations as well with local education directors or authorities.
· Promote OSHKI-WENJACK’s education and training programs in Nishnawbe Aski Nation communities and to other learners to achieve the student enrolment targets for each program offering and assist in preparation of admission documents.
· Provide guidance and support for students through career counselling, arrange tutoring, facilitating access to community health and wellness programs.
· Travel to the communities where the students reside to provide student support, encouragement, instruction and evaluation.
· Assist the Project Manager by providing input regarding extracurricular activities, need for student supports and orientation.
· Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners, program stakeholders and other partners through liaison, visits, participation on working committees and related events for successful program development and delivery.
· Develop and maintain relationships with staff in the communities and organizations in Nishnawbe Aski Nation through liaison, visits, participation on working committees and related events for successful program development and delivery.
· Assist the Project Manager with the hiring of faculty through the recruitment, interviewing and reference check stages when required.
· Maintain up to date student and program files.
· Prepare timely, complete reports and other documentation for accountability to Governing Council, program funders and partnering institutions.
· Assist with budget planning by providing input to the Project Manager on activities related to the achievement of program objectives.
· Provide up-to-date and relevant content for website and other promotional materials on an on-going basis.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time that support the successful operation of the Institute.
The Airport Management Training Coordinator is responsible to the Project Manager for implementing his/her duties and responsibilities on a day to day basis.
The Airport Management Training Coordinator will be accountable to the Executive Director for overall work performance according to the Personnel Policies and Procedures.
· Possess at a minimum a relatable undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
· Possess excellent evaluation, analytical and communication skills.
· Possess excellent communication strategies and problem-solving capabilities.
· Fluency in Oji-Cree, Ojibwe or Cree would be an asset.
· Experience in working as an airport Fore-person or in the aviation sector would be considered an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and a resume with three references. Two references must be from previous employers and cab be sent to:
Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education & Training Institute
106 Centennial Square, 3rd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1H3
Fax: (807) 622-1818
Closing date: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 @ 4:00 pm EST
\While we appreciate all applications for this position, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.