Careers opportunities may include short-term care facilities, long-term care facilities, rehabilitation centres, and nursing stations
OCAS Program Code: 0619
Credential Awarded: Ontario College Diploma
Awarding Institution: OSHKI
Program Length: 5 Semesters
Start Date: January 2020*
*start dates are subject to change
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) with courses from the College (C) , University (U), University/College (U/C) or Open (O) preparation levels. Required Courses: Grade 12 College or University preparation English, Grade 11 College preparation Mathematics.
2. Or appropriate credits for the Academic and Career Entrance Program (ACE).
3. Mature Student Status - to be eligible for Mature Student status, an applicant must be a minimum of 19 years of age, be out of school for one year and successfully complete the prescribed Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT).
Grade 11 Mathematics (College or University Preparation)
Grade 11 or 12 Biology (College or University Preparation)
Grade 11 or 12 Chemistry (College or University Preparation)
Applicants must meet the admission requirements for the Practical Nursing program delivered by Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute. As part of the admissions process each applicant must submit the following:
1. An Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Program Application Form.
2. Official transcript(s) from the last institution attended.
3. Proof of post-secondary sponsorship in the form of a written letter which states the name of the student, the program of study and the duration of sponsorship.
The tuition fee for the 2019-2020 academic year will be announced at a later date, due to tuition changes on a yearly basis.
HS 125 Anatomy & Physiology I
PN 125 Professional Growth
PN 126 Nursing Theory
PN 131 Nursing Practice I Lab Theory
PN 128 Human Relationships
PY 299 Developmental Psychology
CS 007 Persuasive Writing
PN 130 Tech Concepts in Health Care
GE General Elective
PN 132 Nursing Practice I Clinical
HS 225 Anatomy & Physiology II
PN 225 Nursing Practice II - Clinical
PN 226 Nursing Practice II - Lab Theory/Practice/p>
PN 227 Nursing Theory II
PN 228 Health Assessment
CS 217 Communications for Health Professionals
GE General Elective
PN 322 Professional Growth II
PN 326 Nursing Practice III - Clinical
PN 327 Nursing Practice III - Lab Theory
PN 328 Pharmacology I
PN 329 Nursing Theory III
PN 330 Pathophysiology I
PN 422 Nursing Practice IV - Clinical
PN 426 Nursing Practice IV - Lab & Theory
PN 427 Pharmacology II
PN 428 Pathophysiology II
PN 429 Nursing Theory IV
PN 527 Advanced Nursing Practice
For More Information
Michael Knapaysweet, Community Liaison & Recruitment Officer
Toll Free: 1-866-636-7454